Chair: Graham Lipkin
The Clinical Affairs Board will concern itself with all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology. In particular by integrating and planning the work of the five committees referred to above the said Board will aim to strengthen the contribution of the Association to the care of renal patients and the planning of renal services
Clinical Affairs Board membership
The Clinical Vice-President plays a key role in the work of the Renal Association, and reports the recommendations of the Clinical Affairs Board to the Executive Committee for debate and ratification.
Terms of reference
- The Clinical Affairs Board will concern itself with all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology.
- By integrating and coordinating the work of the Committees represented on the Board, the goal will be to strengthen the contribution of the Association to the care of renal patients and the planning of renal services.
- The Clinical Affairs Board will in particular:
- review and approve the proposals for annual work programmes presented to the Board by the Chair of each Committee.
- Identify opportunities for complementary work to be undertaken in parallel by the Committees.
Identify and prioritise audit and research opportunities, ensuring these are considered for implementation by appropriate Association Committees and other bodies. Research opportunities will include epidemiology, clinical trials and health services research.
Be consulted when the Association is asked for a view on a clinical issue. Such circumstances typically require a rapid response. The Clinical Vice-President will take e-mail advice from the Clinical Affairs Board to generate a position statement on any issue within its terms of reference.
The Clinical Affairs Board will not concern itself with operational implementation of the strategic direction it proposes. This will continue to be devolved to the individual committees.
Renal Association Response to Consultation-National Tariff Payment
Please click here to view the response submitted for the consultation on National tariff: policy proposals for 2017/18 and 2018/19- input from John Bradley, Alison Brown, Donal O'Donoghue and Graham Lipkin.