Clinical Affairs Board
Chair: Graham Lipkin
The Clinical Affairs Board will concern itself with all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology. In particular by integrating and planning the work of the five committees referred to above the said Board will aim to strengthen the contribution of the Association to the care of renal patients and the planning of renal services
Clinical Affairs Board membership
- Chair: Graham Lipkin (Clinical Vice President): (ClinicalVP@renal.org) (2013-2017)
- Medical Director, UK Renal Registry: Fergus Caskey
- Chair, Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee: Andrew Lewington (2011-2017)
- Chair, Clinical Services Committee: Alastair Hutchison (2013-2017)
- Chair, Equal Opportunities Committee: Bhavna Pandya (2015-2018)
- Chair, Terminology Committee: (2012-2017)
- Chair, Patient View Committee : Afzal Chaudhry (2008-2014)
- Chair: Patient Information Committee: Rebecca Suckling (2016-2019)
- Chair: Interventional Nephrology Committee: Paul Warwicker & Aine Burns (elected members) (2016-2019)
- The President ex officio : Donal O’Donoghue
The Clinical Vice-President plays a key role in the work of the Renal Association, and reports the recommendations of the Clinical Affairs Board to the Executive Committee for debate and ratification.
Terms of reference
- The Clinical Affairs Board will concern itself with all aspects of local and national policy relevant to clinical practice in nephrology.
Renal Association Response to Consultation-National Tariff Payment
Please click here to view the response submitted for the consultation on National tariff: policy proposals for 2017/18 and 2018/19- input from John Bradley, Alison Brown, Donal O'Donoghue and Graham Lipkin.
RA-BRS-BTS joint appeal letter against NICE transplant
Please click here
to view the letter.
Date of Future Renal Association Clinical Affairs Board Meetings 2017:
Dr Paul Cockwell is the Clinical Vice President Elect and takes up office at UK Kidney week June 2017